WHO WE’RE SNIFFIN’ FOR:
BARK is a company building products, experiences, and entertainment for dogs and the people who love them. The lasting brand that Disney has built for kids and families, BARK is building for the fast-growing market of dog people.
Our ambition-level is high, the opportunity is huge, and our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly themed subscription of all-natural treats and clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys and treats to the dogs across the world and use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives and ways to make dogs happier.
We are currently looking for an Engineering Manager to join our growing Platform Squad. The Platform Squad is responsible for warehouse integrations, inventory and order management, integrations with shipping carriers, and keeping core systems up to date.
Our ideal candidate will be passionate about both hands on technical work, as well as mentoring and managing more junior engineers.
- Split your time between managing and individual contribution. We find our teams work best when everyone is close to the code.
- Prioritize and plan the work of the team alongside your engineers and product manager. Help set ambitious but achievable quarterly goals.
- Coach engineers on their day-to-day work and their career aspirations, including conducting regular 1:1s, evaluating performance quarterly, and setting actionable goals that help individuals grow as well as move the company forward.
- Remove obstacles for the team to unblock their work.
- Help shape the direction of our tech stack to address the evolving needs of the tech team and the business.
- Experience & Leadership: You are a thoughtful, talented engineer who has good experience facilitating the work of their colleagues and reports. You have:
- 5+ years of hands on engineering experience
- 1+ year of managing or leading technical teams and guiding them to success
- Experience using, or willingness to learn Ruby on Rails
- Goal Driven: You set clear, meaningful goals that are aligned with our customer and business goals. The entire team can rally behind them.
- Humility: You're humble, self-aware, and always give credit to your team.
- Communication skills: You are a strong, transparent communicator, and have worked in a matrixed product organization. You are ready to work closely with developers, qa, designers, and product managers. You are able to communicate goals clearly to your team and stakeholders.
- Empathy: You’re a respectful and empathetic teammate who is willing to go the extra mile for others. You care about helping us create a diverse, inclusive workforce where we respect all and practice empathy at every opportunity.
- Must Love Dogs
P.S. Check out our new tech blog here!
This position is a full-time, salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in New York, NY. We offer health insurance for both you and your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, and dogs to pet anytime you wish.