Imagine all your meals being cooked with zero seasoning. Sure, the food has all the nutrients you need, but ugh, how disappointingly bland would every meal be?! That’s exactly how many dogs feel about their kibble. Our dogs deserve all the tastebud tongue-tingles of good flavor, too!
That’s where dog food toppers come in!
What Are Dog Food Toppers?
Dog food toppers are anything that add a little zing, zip, kapow, and calories or extra nutrients to your dog’s favorite meal—basically, some extra flavor to top off your dog’s regular food. They come in a wide variety of textures, flavors, and wet and dry formulas, such as:
- Freeze-Dried Raw Kibble Toppers—Raw ingredients freeze-dried naturally into kibble-sized bits.
- Freeze-Dried Raw Sprinkles—Raw ingredients freeze-dried into sprinkle seasoning.
- Dehydrated—Dehydrated cooked ingredients. Just add water to rehydrate.
- Broth/Stew—Protein based broth or stew to top off or mix in with your pup’s favorite food.
- Purée—Single or mixed ingredients blended with water for mixing with kibble.
- Whole Ingredient, Wet Topper—Whole, cooked ingredients to add protein or flavor to your dog’s favorite food.
- Gravy/Sauce—Similar to a purée.